- conceived or appearing as if conceived by an unrestrained imagination; odd and remarkable; bizarre; grotesque:fantastic rock formations; fantastic designs.
- fanciful or capricious, as persons or their ideas or actions:We never know what that fantastic creature will say next.
- imaginary or groundless in not being based on reality;foolish or irrational: fantastic fears.
- extravagantly fanciful; marvelous.
- incredibly great or extreme; exorbitant: to spend fantasticsums of money.
noun, plural my·thol·o·gies.
- a body of myths, as that of a particular people or that relating to a particular person: Greek mythology.
- myths collectively.
- the science or study of myths.
- a set of stories, traditions, or beliefs associated with a particular group or the history of an event, arising naturallyor deliberately fostered: the Fascist mythology of the interwaryears.
Definitions provided by dictionary.com
This Compendium seeks to gather information about the lesser known Monsters, Myths and Fantastical occurrences that exist on this particular rock. From ancient tales of the Hittites, accounts of splendid artifacts and bizarre creatures to discussion of more modern social cults and contemporary fables, the origin is secondary to the shadow cast by the associated tale.
You are also invited to submit your favourite myths, legends and creatures for inclusion, no matter whether it’s an old tale you once heard, something real and weird or your own invention. Simply add a comment or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt reply.
View the compendium at rodenscompendium.wordpress.com